Tuesday, August 2, 2011

When the day is grey and ordinary, Mary makes the sun shine bright!

The title of this blog is certainly deserving of its own post.

It is taken from the movie, Mary Poppins, starring Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke (as well as many others). This is, hands-down, my favorite Disney movie of all time. My former roommate and I had a catalog of movies that we watched because they made us feel awesome; Mary Poppins was always on rotation.

I feel like the magic of Disney, the feeling you have when you see Cinderella's Castle for the first time when you arrive, is conveyed perfectly through Mary Poppins. I mean, really, tea parties on the ceiling, dancing penguins, winning the horse race on a merry-go-round horse? What could be more magical?

I could go blathering on for hours, but no words can do justice:


No comments:

Post a Comment