Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Revived!

I'm taking another holiday with my fiancé (who will be my husband by that time) because we are going on our honeymoon!  Same deal as last time, I'm going to put up all kinds of planning tips that I've come across and give some updates (they may be minimal ;-) during the trip!

Let's just get down to it, shall we?

First item of business:  where are we going?

We are heading to Napa Valley for a week of wining and dining.  During a recent visit with a very good friend, we took a day trip to Napa and just fell in love.  We stayed here:

We tasted these superb wines:

And we ate an amazing dinner here:

It was all spectacular.  I mean, how could it not be when you get to lounge in a tub like this?

Seriously.  Look. At. That. Tub.

And so from that day trip, we were hooked and we knew that despite it being one of the most popular honeymoon destinations, we would be booking ourselves another trip this year.  We want to do some winery tours (including Lasseter Family Winery in hopes of a John Lasseter sighting), relax in some spas (The Meritage looks promising) and eat some amazing food (oh yeah, The French Laundry, one of the highest rated restaurants IN THE WORLD).

So I'm a little...okay, very excited for our trip and I hope I can give some help to anyone else planning on visiting this oasis of the west coast.


No comments:

Post a Comment